The Chemistry program offered by the Birla Institute of Technology and Science is a four-year program with provision for a dual degree extending to five years total duration. The input to the M.Sc. (Hons.) is through the entrance test (BITSAT) with the minimum qualification being a pass in the 10+2 system with at least 80% marks in Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics. There are about 30 students admitted every year for the M.Sc. (Hons.) program. The academic curriculum for this program is revised constantly and is comparable to any international institution. At the end of the program the students gain industrial experience if they opt for the Practice School (PS) program. Optionally, students may choose to work on an academic thesis of 4-5 months duration.
Ph.D. admissions are based on written exam followed by interview at Hyderabad campus. Currently there are a number of full time research scholars pursuing research in different areas of Chemistry leading to Ph. D. degree. The Ph.D. students are provided fellowships from the sponsored project grants as well as BITS institute support.
The department is actively engaged in research in the areas of synthetic organic chemistry, environmental analytical chemistry, polymers, bioinorganic/inorganic chemistry, nanomaterials and computational chemistry. Emphasis on undergraduate research is also given in terms of the lab oriented and study oriented projects. Funded projects from DST, CSIR, UGC and BITS are in progress and the faculty members publish and present their work in leading peer reviewed journals and conferences.
- General Chemistry
- Physical Chemistry I
- Organic Chemistry I
- Organic Chemistry II
- Chemistry Laboratory
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesChemical Engineering Chemistry Biochemistry View 30 other Masters in Chemical Engineering in India
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Birla Institute of Technology and Science and/or in India, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Online Application procedure
- Copy of 10th class mark sheet / certificate for date of birth .
- Copy of the transcript and degree of Qualifying Examination,such as B.E /
- Tech or its equivalent. If the degree copy is not available, at the time of applying, fax /email this as soon as the same is available. If the transcript is not available, Mark sheets of all semesters / years of the qualifying degree should be submitted.
- Copy of the ID for U.A.E Nationals. For candidates with other nationalities, passport copy (first 3 pages and last page), and U.A.E visa page if holding U.A.E. residence visa. Candidates , who do not possess a valid passport at the time of applying, must enclose a declaration along with the Application, that they will fax the required Passport pages on or before the last date. word statement of purpose describing what you propose to achieve by doing this programme and your ultimate goal.
- Application Fee of 220 AED (60$)
International8712 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4356 USD per semester during 24 months.
National8712 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4356 USD per semester during 24 months.
- AED. 16,000 per semester
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.