Coursework for these degrees span the areas of modern biology such as cell biology, genetics, microbiology, biochemistry, environmental biology, plant and animal biology, molecular biology, structural biology etc. along with interdisciplinary areas such as bioinformatics, computational biology and biophysics.
The department comprises of 11 well qualified faculty members and state of art infrastructure to focus on the following major thrust areas of research, namely
- Molecular characterization of human diseases
- Structural/Computational biology/Bioinformatics
- Environmental, plant and microbial biotechnology
High quality research with numerous funded projects and a repertoire of highly talented and motivated research scholars (Ph.D students/project staff) provide the department with a vibrant research environment. The faculty have high quality publications and patents to their credit. The department of Biological Sciences is a recipient of the FIST (Fund for Improvement of S&T Infrastructure) grant from the Department of Science and Technology, Govt. of India, for an amount of more than Rs. 1 crore for the development of research and teaching infrastructure.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Biology Laboratory
- General Biology
- Biological Chemistry
- Cell Biology
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Online Application procedure
- Copy of 10th class mark sheet / certificate for date of birth .
- Copy of the transcript and degree of Qualifying Examination,such as B.E /
- Tech or its equivalent. If the degree copy is not available, at the time of applying, fax /email this as soon as the same is available. If the transcript is not available, Mark sheets of all semesters / years of the qualifying degree should be submitted.
- Copy of the ID for U.A.E Nationals. For candidates with other nationalities, passport copy (first 3 pages and last page), and U.A.E visa page if holding U.A.E. residence visa. Candidates , who do not possess a valid passport at the time of applying, must enclose a declaration along with the Application, that they will fax the required Passport pages on or before the last date. word statement of purpose describing what you propose to achieve by doing this programme and your ultimate goal.
- Application Fee of 220 AED (60$)
International8438 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4219 USD per semester during 24 months.
National8438 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4219 USD per semester during 24 months.
- 15500 AED per semester
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.