The Economic Data Analytics program from The University of Texas at Arlington focuses on the major growth area of data analytics. Hal Varian, chief economist at Google, has explained why the demand for data analysis is growing rapidly. Organizations have low-cost computer time, huge quantities of data, and access to software tools that allow data analysis. The problem in using these assets is a shortage of qualified empirical analysts.
One must know how to find data, be critical of it, develop it by use of software packages, and explain what has been learned by analysis through the lens of economic theory. Advances in econometrics analysis allow us to better understand key issues, such as pricing and cost, inventory management, population trends, and other issues that impact business and government.
The focus of the MS in Economic Data Analytics program is on quantitative analysis based on economic logic. It is a 10-course, 30-hour program highly focused on development of relevant economic theory and empirical tools needed by successful analysts.
- Economic Analysis for Business Decisions
- Applied Business and Economics Data Analysis
- Python Programming
- Monetary Policy and Financial System Analysis
- Advanced Business and Economic Data Analytics
- Business & Economic Forecasting
- Causal Inference for Business Decisions
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics Business Intelligence & Analytics Data Science & Big Data View 703 other Masters in Economics in United States
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited general or specific program.
- An acceptable undergraduate GPA as calculated by Graduate Admissions (approximately the last 60 hours), generally greater than a 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- An acceptable score on the GRE or GMAT. Successful students generally have a minimum score of 148 (600 old GRE scale) on the quantitative section and 150 (450 old GRE scale) on the verbal section of the GRE or a minimum score of 480 on the GMAT.
- Grades in specified undergraduate business and non-business courses (e.g., math, accounting, economics, statistics).
International23486 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23486 USD per year during 12 months.
National23486 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23486 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State11044 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11044 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Texas City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.