The Earth and Planetary Sciences program at the University of California, Riverside is available in a range of fields such as paleoenvironmental change, modern climate change, evolutionary paleobiology, invertebrate paleontology, active tectonics, earthquake processes and geophysics, biogeochemical cycling, deep crustal and mantle processes, organic geochemistry, mineral deposits, numerical stratigraphy, fire ecology, astrobiology, exoplanets and planetary science.
- Mineral Equilibria
- Ecological Systems in Space and Time
- Theory of Systematics
- Electron Microscopy and Microanalysis
- 21 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEarth Sciences Geology Ecology View 235 other Masters in Earth Sciences in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of California, Riverside and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- We welcome applicants who have varied cultural, educational, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- In addition to the Statement of Purpose and the Personal History Statement, a CV and Statement of Relevant Skills and Experiences are required. The latter should directly address 4 of the 5 qualities described above.
- A bachelor's degree or its equivalent from an accredited institution, with a major appropriate to the proposed graduate program.
- The Graduate Division requires a $140 application fee for international applicants.
- International students whose native language is not English are required to take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). For those international students, preference for admission and fellowships will be given to those taking and passing the Test of Spoken English (TSE).
International17696 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8848 USD per semester during 21 months.
National17696 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8848 USD per semester during 21 months.
In-State7628 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3814 USD per semester during 21 months.
Living costs for Riverside
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.