Traders operate in global markets that are still feeling the after-effects of the 2008 financial meltdown and are now attempting to navigate the economic impact of the Covid-19 pandemic. With an increased focus on risk management and compliance, global traders need to be agile, analytic and adaptive in order to succeed.
There is no doubt that successful traders earn the highest wages in the already well-salaried financial sector, so traders need to be ruthless in order to prove their worth to their bank, hedge-fund or utilities employer. A detailed knowledge of global markets, an ability to negotiate risk and an eye for a trade are therefore essential skills and talents for a trader.
Many of our graduates of the MSc Finance and Global Trading at the University of Essex enjoy careers in financial analysis, management, public administration and accountancy at some of the world’s most well-known organisations and exciting SMEs, including:
- Groupon, a global e-commerce marketplace
- KPMG Group, a multinational professional services network
- Right Freight Pvt Ltc, an Independent freight forwarder
- Copal Partners, a financial consultation agency
- Capital Markets Intelligence, a financial publisher
- Credit Data Research, a business funder
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Derivative Securities
- Portfolio Management
- Trading Global Financial Markets
- Research Methods in Finance: Empirical Methods in Finance
- MSc Finance and Investment: Dissertation
- Asset Pricing
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
We recommend that you apply as soon as you are able to.
DisciplinesFinance Commerce View 764 other Masters in Finance in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A 2:2 degree, or international equivalent, in a numerate discipline such as: Economics, Finance, Mathematics, Statistics, Science or Engineering.
- Your Degree should contain at least one module relating to Economics or Finance for example: Mathematics (calculus), quantitative finance/methods or Econometrics (probability, statistics). With a score of 50% in this module.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International20350 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20350 GBP per year during 12 months.
National13030 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13030 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Colchester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.