Issue-oriented rather than methodology-oriented, this exciting Master of International Program in Agricultural Development Studies from The University of Tokyo offers its candidates the opportunity to develop the requisite expertise across discipline and country boundaries to tackle agricultural and environmental problems in developing countries around the world.
Graduates will be well-equipped to make a difference in the modern, globalized industry of agriculture.
The academic year at IPADS begins in September each year. Typically, students in MSc complete the coursework component of the program in their first six months whilst designing and preparing for their original research, and then engage in full-time research.
- PLANT SCIENCE
- PLANT MATERIAL SCIENCE
- PLANT BIOTECHNOLOGY
- ANIMAL SCIENCE
- FOOD SCIENCE
- Food Resources
- Crop Physiology
- Winter Crop Management
- Forest Insect Ecology
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesInternational Development Sustainable Development Agriculture View 13 other Masters in International Development in Japan
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application form
- Proof of Bachelor's degree
- Official transcripts
- Proof of English proficiency
- Research work conducted by the applicant, such as a Bachelor's thesis, Honor's thesis or equivalent
- (graduates of Bachelor's programs with no research component will be given an essay assignment at the
- time of shortlisting)
- Proof of citizenship
- Two letters of recommendation by university academics
- Passport-sized photographs
- Proof of Examination Fee payment (the details regarding Examination Fee will be sent out at the time of shortlisting)
International4106 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4106 USD per year during 18 months.
National4106 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4106 USD per year during 18 months.
Living costs for Tokyo
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.