This multidisciplinary master’s degree in Celtic Studies at The University of Wales Trinity Saint David allows students to study a wide variety of subjects in the following fields: early and late medieval history and literature, Welsh language, gender studies, Arthurian literature, folklore, religion, spirituality and iconography.
No previous knowledge of the Celtic languages is required for this programme, as students study texts in translation and the programme is taught through the medium of English. However, students may choose to study Welsh as part of the programme and it is also possible for students who are fluent in Welsh to study their modules entirely through the medium of Welsh or receive supervision and communication in Welsh, but opt to write their assignments in English.
- This programme is ideal for those who want to learn more about the history, literature and cultural heritage of Wales and the Celtic regions in order to improve their job prospects.
- Many of the students who undertake the course on a part-time basis are already in employment and wish to gain a postgraduate qualification as a possible means to promotion or change of job role.
- Former students include journalists, writers, storytellers, teachers, lecturers, editors and people who work in the tourist or heritage industries.
- Many of our students have also gone on to further research in Celtic Studies at PhD level.
- Conceptualizing the Celts
- Celtic Arthur and the Mabinogion Tales
- Women in the Middle Ages: sources from the Celtic regions
- Celtic Sanctity, Spirituality and Hagiography
- Welsh for Beginners
- Celtic Revivals: 1700 to the Present
- 24 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies History Literature View 56 other Masters in History in United Kingdom
- Applicants are expected to have a good first degree (a first or upper second), although every application is considered in its own merit, so places may be offered on the basis of professional qualification and relevant experiences.
- Candidates with a lower degree classification or no degree may be admitted at Postgraduate Certificate or Diploma level, with an opportunity to upgrade to Master’s level if satisfactory progress is made.
International5000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10000 GBP for the full programme during 24 months.
National3750 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7500 GBP for the full programme during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.