The aim of the Department is to give students a definite background as an expert of planning, design and management of the urban community. The Master in Urban and Environmental Studies at The University of Tokyo is designed to help meet with the widespread needs for specially-educated manpower in urban planning and environmental engineering.
Both research and teaching within the Department of Urban Engineering focus on two primarily areas:
- environmental engineering
- urban planning.
- Environmental Risk Management
- Advanced Course in Residential Environment
- Urban Water Systems
- Advanced Water Quality Engineering
- Global Urban Planning
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering Civil Engineering & Construction Urban Planning View 10 other Masters in Environmental Engineering in Japan
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Application form
- Proof of Bachelor's degree
- Official transcripts
- Proof of English proficiency
- Research work conducted by the applicant, such as a Bachelor's thesis, Honor's thesis or equivalent
- (graduates of Bachelor's programs with no research component will be given an essay assignment at the
- time of shortlisting)
- Proof of citizenship
- Two letters of recommendation by university academics
- Passport-sized photographs
- Proof of Examination Fee payment (the details regarding Examination Fee will be sent out at the time of shortlisting)
International4110 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4110 USD per year during 24 months.
National4110 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4110 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Tokyo
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
The department will allocate a limited number of scholarships by recommending candidates to scholarship organizations, MEXT (Japanese Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology) and Asian Development Bank.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.