Experimentation, exploration and involvement in key projects in various academic fields and industries offer students crucial experience and skills needed for developing and integrating competencies necessary for participation on an international level in our expanding global world.
In our Master in International Graduate Program in the Field of Civil Engineering and Infrastructure Studies at the The University of Tokyo, we strive to create an environment, which stimulates students to fully realize their individual potentials. And, the most valuable resource we offer is our human network, built with both current and future well recognized professionals.
Department of Civil Engineering embraces a wide variety of research fields:
- fundamental technologies in civil engineering (e.g. geotechnical, concrete, structural, and hydraulic engineering)
- aquatic ecosystems
- urban issues
- disaster risk management
- regional and national planning
- policy making on social infrastructure
- project management
- international cooperation.
- Modeling of Concrete Performance
- Wind Engineering and Structures
- Advanced Hydrology
- Advanced Transportation Engineering
- Infrastructure Management
- Urban Disaster Mitigation Engineering
- Nonlinear Mechanics of Reinforced Concrete
- Computational Earthquake Engineering
- Nonlinear Analysis in Civil Engineering
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction Materials Science & Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 16 other Masters in Civil Engineering & Construction in Japan
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- English Language Proficiency
- Summary of Master thesis or other papers, or books
- CVLDPT Form
International20200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 40401 USD for the full programme during 24 months.
National20200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 40401 USD for the full programme during 24 months.
- 1st year - 2.800.000 JPY
- 2nd year - 2.500.000 JPY
Living costs for Tokyo
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.