For students with strong quantitative interests in economics, this program consists of rigorous, doctoral-level coursework that serves as excellent preparation for prestigious PhD programs in economics. Students who are more interested in applied mathematics and statistics can pursue this degree and be qualified for careers as statistical analysts for a variety of organizations.
The Economics and Statistics program of the Utah State University is focused both on gaining extensive quantitative economics knowledge and applying statistics skills to social science. The first year of coursework consists of high-level economics coursework and two prerequisite statistics courses. The second year is extremely customizable; students can choose from a wide variety of graduate-level courses in statistics and in economics, creating their own schedule based on their research or career interests.
The majority of students interested in pursuing further education or work in economics choose to go on to PhD programs. Students can also graduate with the master’s degree and pursue the following careers:
- Statistical analyst for all levels of government agencies
- Quantitative analyst for consulting firms
- Microeconomic Theory
- Macroeconomic Theory
- Mathematical Economics
- Mathematical Statistics
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics Statistics Actuarial Science View 505 other Masters in Statistics in United States
- B.S./B.A. in Agribusiness, Agricultural Economics, Applied Economics, Economics, Environmental/Natural Resource Economics, or a closely related degree
- Or at a minimum evidence of the following coursework: Microeconomic principles, Calculus, Basic Statistics, Intermediate/Managerial Microeconomics or comparable course
- Complete the online application
- Pay the $55 application fee
- Score at or above the 40th percentile on the GRE
- Have a 3.0 or higher GPA on your last 60 semester or 90 quarter credits
- Provide transcripts of all college/university credits
- Provide three contacts for letters of recommendation
International15964 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7982 USD per semester during 12 months.
National15964 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7982 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State4684 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2342 USD per semester during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.