Program at a Glance
The Clinical and Translational Sciences program at Virginia Commonwealth University offers a broad foundation of core courses and emphasizes the importance of interdisciplinary approaches to research. It provides education in clinical and translational principles and prepares student to engage in a range of investigative processes.
Students may enroll on a full-time or a part-time basis and must complete 30 credit hours of interdisciplinary core and elective courses, including the successful completion of a mentored master’s project (grant proposal or first author research manuscript).
Students receive didactic training in study design, biostatistical methodology, research regulations, and responsible conduct of research. In addition, they participate in an interdisciplinary research seminar throughout their training. Under the direction of a content specific mentor, all students complete a research project that culminates in the preparation of a grant proposal or a first author publication.
- Graduate Research Methods
- Research Regulation
- Design Implications in Clinical Trials
- Adaptive Clinical Trials
- Research Seminar in Clinical and Translational Sciences
- Directed Research in Clinical and Translational Sciences
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Human Medicine Health Sciences View 767 other Masters in Human Medicine in United States
- Graduation from a regionally accredited college or university or its equivalent
- A minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0. For students with earned graduate degrees from accredited institutions, the graduate GPA may be the primary basis for consideration
- Demonstration of satisfactory English proficiency
- Online application
- Non-refundable application fee
- Transcripts from each college/university attended. All non-US transcripts must be evaluated by an accredited foreign credential agency
- Statement of intent. Applicants must state their reasons for pursuing graduate education in their planned course of study at VCU. In addition, applicants must have a targeted research interest explained in the statement of intent.
- Three letters or recommendation from instructors or professional references in the applicant’s intended field of study are required
- A letter of support from the applicant’s department chair, if applicable
International25956 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25956 USD per year during 12 months.
National25956 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25956 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State12618 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12618 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Richmond
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.