Graduates of this Mechanical and Nuclear Engineering program at Virginia Commonwealth University will pursue careers in business/industry and government, or will pursue doctoral degrees.
- Advanced technical skills: To produce graduates who possess the necessary advanced analytical and technical skills in engineering and sciences – responds directly to the higher goals of fulfilling the needs of industry for effective, productive engineers and of providing economic development for the region, state and nation
- Advanced problem-solving: To produce graduates who demonstrate creativity and innovation in solving technological problems – stems from the realization that new knowledge and new solutions to existing problems are necessary to meet the needs of our changing society and to advance the quality of human life
Student learning outcomes
- Apply advanced knowledge of mathematics, science or engineering: Graduates will demonstrate an ability to apply advanced knowledge of mathematics, science or engineering.
- Identify, formulate and solve engineering problems: Graduates will demonstrate an ability to identify, formulate and solve engineering problems.
- Mechanical and Nuclear Engineering Analysis
- Mechanical and Nuclear Engineering Continuum Mechanics
- Topics in Nuclear Engineering
- Directed Research in Mechanical and Nuclear Engineering
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesChemical Engineering Mechanical Engineering Nuclear Engineering View 38 other Masters in Nuclear Engineering in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A B.S. degree in mechanical engineering, nuclear engineering or a closely related discipline
- The applicant must provide a personal statement discussing reasons for pursuing graduate study
- All applicants must present grades (marks) that reflect superior ability and serious effort
- All non-native English-speaking applicants must provide evidence of English language proficiency
- Individual departments or schools may have special requirements such as the Graduate Record Examination or Graduate Management Admission Test
- Prospective students who have studied outside of the U.S. must provide an official course-by-course external credential evaluation as a required part of the admission process
- Proof of adequate funds to live and study full time at VCU by submitting an I-20 DS Request Form accompanied by an original bank verification letter
- A $70 state-required application fee
International25956 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25956 USD per year during 18 months.
National25956 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25956 USD per year during 18 months.
In-State12618 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12618 USD per year during 18 months.
Living costs for Richmond
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.