About the Program
Students in the Business, Concentration in Branding - Copywriting program at Virginia Commonwealth University can bring life to big ideas through storytelling that is bold, honest, and engaging. They must work across a range of styles from comedy, to serious prose, from long videos you can’t stop watching, to short social media messages that make you stop and think.
Copywriting graduates go on to work in roles as copywriters and creative directors on the agency side of the business. We also have copywriting alumni on the client side, working within in-house creatives studios for brands.
- Visual Storytelling
- Brand Engagement
- Problem Solving
- Concept Development
- Portfolio Development
- Creative Fusion
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Marketing Creative Writing View 380 other Masters in Creative Writing in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- VCU Graduate School Application (due 2-3 business days before deadline)
- List email addresses for two (2) professional or academic references and one (1) personal reference (someone who's worked with you in a group). They'll be sent an email to submit their reference
- Submit transcripts for all schools attended
- Pay $70 application fee
- Brandcenter Application
- Upload your personal statement & resume
- Respond to application prompts for your concentration
- Scholarship Application (optional, due by application deadline)
- Admissions Interview
- International applicants must hold the equivalent of a four-year U.S. bachelor's degree or, if you have a degree from a three-year program, be eligible for graduate education in your country of citizenship
As a communications program, we require these minimum scores on the following tests:
- TOEFL: 600 on the paper-based test, 250 on the computer-based test or 100 on the internet-based test
- IELTS: 6.5 minimum score.
- Knowledge of word processing software (Microsoft Word, Pages, Google Docs)
International25956 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25956 USD per year during 12 months.
National25956 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25956 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State12618 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12618 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Richmond
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.