About the Program
Research in statistics can range from mathematical studies of the theoretical underpinnings of a statistical model or method to the development of novel statistical models and methods and a thorough study of their properties. Frequently, statistics research is motivated and informed by collaborations with experts in a particular substantive field. Their scientific studies and data collection efforts may yield complex data that cannot be adequately handled using standard statistical methodology.
Statisticians aim to develop methods that address the scientific or policy questions of the researcher. In doing so, statisticians must consider how efficiently and effectively the proposed methodology can be implemented and what guarantees can be provided as to the performance of the proposed methods. Such questions can often be answered using a combination of mathematical, analytical, and computational techniques in the Statistics program of the University of California, Irvine (UCI).
- Intermediate Probability and Statistical Theory
- Statistical Methods I: Linear Models
- Statistical Methods II: Generalized Linear Models
- Statistical Methods III: Methods for Correlated Data
- Bayesian Data Analysis
- Seminar in Statistics
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMathematics Statistics Actuarial Science View 497 other Masters in Statistics in United States
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field
- Applicants are expected to have skills in computer programming at least equivalent to those obtained in college-level courses in programming and language development; skills in mathematics equivalent to those obtained in complete college-level courses in logic and set theory, analysis, linear algebra and modern algebra, or probability and statistics; data structures, analysis of algorithms, automata theory, or formal languages; and computer architectures.
- Letters of recommendation
- Official GRE test scores
- Official college transcripts
- Statement of purpose
- Personal history statement
International33138 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33138 USD per year during 12 months.
National33138 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33138 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State18036 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18036 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Irvine
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.