The Accounting program from The University of Texas at Arlington is more specialized degrees which build on the individual's prior background in accounting and business-related subjects.
The mission of the Department of Accounting is to:
- prepare students from diverse backgrounds for professional careers in accounting,
- create, interpret, and disseminate knowledge of accounting, and
- provide service to the University and accounting profession.
Accountants serve as analysts, consultants, and problem-solvers in business and government. Earning an accounting degree opens up a diverse array of career opportunities including: partner in an international accounting or consulting firm, corporate controller, chief financial officer, director of internal auditing, financial planner, or commercial lender. Compensation is highly competitive with excellent geographic mobility. Upward career mobility is outstanding.
Students of accounting learn to use and control information technology systems, prepare and analyze financial reports, structure business transactions, and develop effective business plans. Individuals who like being challenged by a variety of situations and technologies and who enjoy identifying, analyzing, and solving problems are well-suited to majoring in accounting.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Professionalism in Accounting
- Studies in Auditing
- Financial Accounting
- Governmental and Nonprofit Accounting
- Research in Accounting Issues
- Contemporary Issues in Accounting Information Systems
- Design of Accounting Systems
- Study of Federal Income Tax for Entities Other Than Individuals
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics Accounting Financial Mathematics View 129 other Masters in Financial Mathematics in United States
Basic admission requirements must be met before a student can be accepted. In meeting these requirements, an applicant
must have a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited U.S. college or university or its foreign equivalent, with a satisfactory grade-point average;
- must have an acceptable and current score on the aptitude tests of the Graduate Record Examination or the Graduate Management Admission Test, as specified by the department or program to which application is being made;
- demonstrate potential for graduate work in the chosen field through previous academic performance; and
- be approved for admission by the department in which a degree is sought. Certain programs require students to submit to and satisfactorily complete a background check review as a condition of admission and/or participation in education experiences.
International20620 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20620 USD per year during 12 months.
National20620 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20620 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State10828 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10828 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Texas City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.