The Computer Science programme ETH Zurich - Swiss Federal Institute of Technology guides each individual student in taking a meaningful path through the variety of course offers and designing a profile that matches both personal inclinations and prospective career opportunities. The Master’s degree programme combines theory and hands-on practice to provide students with a well-rounded education.
The study programme is closely connected to the department’s world-class research groups, led by an internationally diverse faculty of over 35 professors. Students have ample opportunities to quickly participate in exciting research projects, often in collaboration with industry or with the local research centers of international companies. The possibility of doing an interdisciplinary master's thesis in cooperation with other ETH departments offers further fascinating opportunities – from building flying robots or developing cell simulations to exploring the possibilities of machine learning and artificial intelligence.
The Master's degree in Computer Science is geared towards students who have a well-founded basic knowledge in computer science and who have just as much fun in the engineering of computer science as in its scientific aspects.
- Data Management Systems
- Machine Intelligence
- Secure and Reliable Systems
- Visual and Interactive Computing
- Theoretical Computer Science
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
The available minors are:
- Computer Graphics
- Computer Vision
- Data Management
- Information Security
- Machine Learning
- Programming Languages and Software Engineering
- Systems Software
- Theoretical Computer Science
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Sciences Computer Sciences View 29 other Masters in Computer Sciences in Switzerland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
For admission to the degree programme one of the following is required:
- a university Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science comprising at least 180 ECTS credits(1 or an equivalent university degree in Computer Science
- a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science from a Swiss university of applied sciences(2 comprising at least 180 credits
- a university Bachelor’s degree in a discipline other than Computer Science comprising at least 180 ECTS credits or an equivalent university degree which – provided that any pertaining additional requirements can be completed within the set framework – satisfies the academic prerequisites listed in Section 1.2. Said disciplines include, in particular (listed alphabetically): – Electrical Engineering (and Information Technology) – Mathematics – Mechanical Engineering – Physics
International1324 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 662 EUR per semester during 24 months.
National1324 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 662 EUR per semester during 24 months.
- Tuition fee: CHF 730/Semester
Living costs for Zürich
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.