The Bioethics program at Wake Forest University requires 30 credit hours total (24 hours of course work, 6 hours of thesis work). Nine credit hours per semester constitute full-time status. The maximum per semester is 15 hours. Most bioethics courses are offered in the late afternoon or early evening to accommodate working professionals.
The Master of Arts in Bioethics Program welcomes both full-time and part-time students. Part-time students have up to 6 years to complete the degree. Full-time students typically complete coursework in 2 semesters and the thesis on- or off-site by the end of the following semester. After their first semester, full-time students can request permission to follow an accelerated schedule that allows for completion of the degree in 1 calendar year.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Bioethics Theory
- Bioethics Seminar
- Biomedical Research Ethics
- Public Policy, Medicine & Justice
- Clinical Ethics
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology View 916 other Masters in Biology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Each application, whether from a domestic or international applicant, is evaluated and considered on its own merits and academic qualifications. Consideration is also given to previous research experience, publications, and work performance.
- International applicants whose native language is not English are required to take the TOEFL or IELTS examinations
- Applicants whose native language is not English, but English was the primary medium of instruction at the public, undergraduate, or graduate school level, should include an official statement from their degree granting institution confirming that English was the medium of instruction. Once this statement has been received, the Graduate School will confirm by email or written document that the English requirement has been met.
International38650 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 38650 USD per year during 12 months.
National38650 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 38650 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Winston-Salem
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.