About the Program
The Women's, Gender, and Sexuality Studies program of Rutgers University is specifically designed so that full-time students can complete the program in one calendar year. The program is structured as a terminal master's degree for students and professionals who seek to deepen their feminist, gender-, and sexuality-related perspectives on activism, policy/advocacy, and research.
Centered at the New Brunswick campus of Rutgers University, this master’s degree draws on the strengths of a core faculty with twenty-five members working on various aspects of Women’s, Gender, and Sexuality studies who have made major scholarly contributions to the field. In addition, the Department of Women’s and Gender Studies is part of the Institute for Women’s Leadership (IWL), a consortium of nine units at Rutgers University dedicated to the study of women and gender, to advocacy on behalf of gender equity, and to the promotion of women’s leadership locally, nationally, and globally.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Feminism: Theory and Practice
- Agency, Subjectivity, and Social Change
- Feminist Genealogies
- Contemporary Feminist Theories
- Feminist Methodologies
- Feminist Knowledge Production
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesGender & Sexuality Studies Sociology Liberal Arts View 471 other Masters in Sociology in United States
- All applicants must have completed a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in the United States or a comparable institution in another country
- A non-refundable application fee, the amount set by the Graduate School of New Brunswick
- A Personal Statement (500-1000 words)
- A résumé listing academic background, work experience, honors, affiliations with professional organizations, papers presented at conferences, published work, language ability, etc
- A writing sample (15-20 pages)
- Three letters of recommendation
- One official transcript from each post-secondary institution attended
- Test Recommendations: GRE General is recommended, not required
International30912 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15456 USD per semester during 12 months.
National30912 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15456 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State18180 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9090 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for New Brunswick
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.