Interdisciplinary by nature, Women’s and Gender Studies courses primarily address the diversity of gendered experiences based on race, ethnicity, class, religion, nationality, and sexual orientation. The graduate concentration is an appropriate option for graduate students who wish to focus on gender and/or sexuality in their particular disciplinary field.
The Women's and Gender Studies program from Rutgers University is offered to students in the following programs: Master of Arts (M.A.) in American Studies, English, History, Liberal Studies, and Political Science; Master of Science (M.S.) in the Division of Global Affairs, Public Administration and Social Work; and a Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in American studies and the Division of Global Affairs.
Learning Goals for Graduate Certificate
- Learning Goal 1: Familiarity with the ways feminist epistemologies have reshaped the agendas of intellectual inquiry in numerous fields; command of the foundational methodologies of doing interdisciplinary work in WGS as well as those most appropriate to the student’s area of disciplinary study
- Learning Goal 2: Understanding in historical perspective of the issues in American and other cultures that are based on assumptions about male/female sexual differences, differences in gender and sexual orientation, and their ideologies
- Learning Goal 3: The ability to connect broader issues in women’s history, feminist and gender theory, and related theories and methodologies to literary works under study.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Feminism: Theory and Practice
- Agency, Subjectivity, and Social Change
- Feminist Genealogies
- Contemporary Feminist Theories
- Feminist Methodologies
- Feminist Knowledge Production
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesGender & Sexuality Studies View 71 other Masters in Gender & Sexuality Studies in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Personal statement, official transcripts, resume, three letters of recommendation, and a writing sample (20 - 25 pages).
- GRE General. TOEFL for non-native English speakers.
- Personal statement specifying your past experience, reasons for applying and area of interest. Also, intellectual and personal goals have to be focal points of your essay.
International15072 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15072 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National15072 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15072 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
In-State8868 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8868 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.