The multidisciplinary Environmental Quality Sciences program at The Hebrew University of Jerusalem is taught by academic staff from the Robert H. Smith Faculty's Environmental Quality and Natural Resources in Agriculture department and the Agricultural Research Center's Volcani Institute.
The courses cover broad areas of scientific research, such as: environmental microbiology, ecology, soil and water, economics, weed control, botany and plant protection.
The common denominator of these diverse fields is the goal to understand and promote processes that affect and improve the quality of the environment and nurture a sustainable agricultural environment for future generations.
The one-year Environmental Quality Sciences programme at The Hebrew University of Jerusalem leads to a non-thesis Master of Science in Agriculture majoring in Environmental Quality Sciences. After successful completion of the first year, qualified graduates can be reviewed for admission to the thesis track for a second year of studies to earn a thesis degree, and continue for a PhD degree either in Israel or elsewhere.
Upon completion of their studies, the majority of alumni return to their home countries, where they hold key positions in industry, education, academics, research, NGOs and government organizations.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Understand and address the challenges of global environmental issues, such as alternative water and energy resources, water and soil pollution treatment, waste recycling, agricultural intensification, environmentally-sustainable pest control and plant protection.
- Benefit from the experience of leading scientists in environmental quality sciences.
- Take part in innovative, groundbreaking research in the lab.
- Acquire practical knowledge and hands-on experience.
- Enjoy an international atmosphere, site visits, field trips and cultural events.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering Agriculture Environmental Sciences View 14 other Masters in Agriculture in Israel
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- B.Sc. degree or equivalent from a recognized university in a relevant field: agriculture, animal sciences, biology, biotechnology, chemistry, ecology, environmental sciences, food sciences, natural sciences, nutritional sciences, plant sciences, etc.
- Adequate knowledge of undergraduate level biochemistry is required in the Nutrition, Animal Sciences and Plant Sciences programs.
- Scientific background relevant to the selected study program.
- GPA of 80 or above (B- on the letter scale).
- High level of proficiency in all English skills,
- Two-three letters of recommendation; at least one must be academic.
- Relevant experience is recommended but not mandatory.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International10500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10500 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.