Working closely with a world-class faculty, students in the Religious Studies program of Rutgers University, undertake advanced study and research in one of the following fields:
- Buddhist Studies
- Judaic and Christian Studies
- Religion and Conflict
- Contemplative Studies
- Religions in America
Learning Goals for Religion M.A. Students
- Utilize theories and methodologies. Graduates should be able to identify and coherently discuss the theoretical frameworks and critical methodologies that comprise the academic study of religion. M.A. students should be able to articulate how the study of religion has developed as an academic discipline that stands outside particular religious traditions.
- Critically explain the history and development of select religious traditions with attention to the historical, social, and political contexts. With attention to continuities and innovations as well as claims of continuity and innovation, M.A. students should be able to explain how religions are shaped by their own past and by the past of their society and institutions.
- Place themselves within their scholarly field and subfield. M.A. students should be able to locate themselves within the academic discipline of Religious studies, and more specifically, identify their subfield.
- Christians, the "other", and Violence Inhistorical Context
- U. S. Evangelicalism in a Global Age
- Reading Sanskrit Texts
- Research in Religion
- Western Encounter With Hinduism
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhilosophy & Ethics Religious Studies & Theology Liberal Arts View 362 other Masters in Philosophy & Ethics in United States
- Applicants to the Master's Degree program in Religious Studies should normally have a GPA of at least 3.0
- A completed online application form
- Official transcripts from previous colleges and universities the applicant has attended
- Two letters of recommendation
- A personal statement (1 to 2 pages)
- A writing sample (optional)
- The application fee
- International Students for whom English is a foreign language will need TOEFL or IELTS scores demonstrating English proficiency
International30912 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15456 USD per semester during 24 months.
National30912 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15456 USD per semester during 24 months.
In-State18180 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9090 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for New Brunswick
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.