The faculty is comprised of top academics and practitioners, including past and present members of the UN Human Rights Committee as well as past and present legal advisers to governments and international organizations such as the UN and the ICRC.
The Law with Specialization in Human Rights and Transitional Law program at The Hebrew University of Jerusalem offers an excellent study program in a world-renowned university, located in an intellectually stimulating environment. The city of Jerusalem, with its long history of conflict and diversity, and the State of Israel – a Start-Up Nation confronting difficult international law and human rights challenges, provide an immeasurably valuable context for our students.
We invite all academically and practically inclined students with strong backgrounds in human rights, conflict resolution and transitional justice to apply to the program. We hope you become a part of our growing family of leading human rights and transitional justice experts around the world!
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Course of Study
- The M.A. Program is comprised of theoretical and practical courses, workshops, and seminars, which provide a substantial interdisciplinary grounding in fields such as human rights and transitional justice, and comparative and historical courses, in which the students are exposed to key cases dealt countries faced throughout history. Special emphasis will be given to the Israeli-Arab conflict and its resolution.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesInternational Relations Sociology International Law View 4 other Masters in Sociology in Israel
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelors degree from a recognized university
- "B" average in undergraduate studies or its equivalent. These are the minimum admission requirements. Many departments are selective and require a higher grade average.
- Additional exams may be required, such as the GRE or GMAT.
- Knowledge of English: All candidates are required to meet English proficiency requirements as listed in the program website. TOEFL and IELTS are recognized.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International16000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16000 USD per year during 12 months.
National16000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16000 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Jerusalem
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.