Unique Value Proposition - Why Law - Human Rights and Transitional Justice course offered at The Hebrew University?
- A world-renowned university (Faculty of Law is ranked 36th in the world),
- Located in an intellectually stimulating environment.
- The city of Jerusalem, with its long history of conflict and diversity,
- The State of Israel – a Start-Up Nation confronting difficult international law and human rights challenges,
- Our outstanding faculty – comprised of top academics and practitioners, teaches our courses. Including past and present legal advisors to international organizations, members of international expert bodies, government and NGO lawyers such as the UN and the ICRC, and leading academics from Israel and abroad (including Prof. Malcolm Shaw – author of the world’s leading text book in international law).
- It is a unique opportunity to study in a multinational group including local Israeli and Palestinian students as well as students from all over the world.
All this provide an immeasurably valuable context for our students.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
The program M.A. in Law with specialization in Human Rights and Transitional Justice covers a wide range of topics:
- International humanitarian law
- Counter-terrorism law
- International courts and tribunals
- Transitional justice
- The law of the United Nations, legal aspects of the Middle-East conflict, international criminal law, international human rights law.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesInternational Relations Sociology International Law View 4 other Masters in Sociology in Israel
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Letters of recommendation
- Sample of academic writing
- Official Academic Transcript
- GPA – Minimum B average (85/100 or equivalent)
- English Proficiency – Candidates who did not previously study at an educational institution where the language of instruction is English must submit official TOEFL scores or IELTS. The minimum TOEFL score required is 95 on the Internet-based test. The minimum IELTS score is 7. The minimum Psychometric English subsection /Amiram exam score is 134. The minimum Amir exam score is 234.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International16000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 16000 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National16000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 16000 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.