Specific areas of emphasis include anthropogenic effects on the environment, modeling human-environmental interactions and body/mind connections in contemporary health and religious practices.
The Ph.D. program offers concentration only in archaeology. It emphasizes a sound understanding of archaeological science, inter-disciplinary training and the development of practical skills applicable to both pure and applied research. The Ph.D. curriculum prepares students for either applied or academic positions upon graduation.
The program builds a foundation for the application of anthropological theory and method to a variety of real world problems and ensures that all students learn strong basic research skills. We offer state-of-the-art labs, which allow us to combine experimental archaeological analyses with extensive fieldwork worldwide.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Seminar in Archaeological Theory: Archaeology as Anthropology
- Design and Administration of Archaeological Research
- Ceramic Analysis
- Analysis of Lithic Artifacts
- Quantitative Analysis in Anthropology
- Independent Research
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesArchaeology Anthropology View 37 other Masters in Archaeology in United States
- Candidates for admission to the M.A. program must hold either (1) a Bachelor’s degree in anthropology or archaeology; or (2) a Bachelor’s degree in another subject with significant course work in anthropology or another social science.
- Candidates without this background may apply to receive conditional admission to the M.A. program. Applicants for admission should have a minimum grade point average of 3.0.
- Applicants with GPAs lower than 3.0 may be admitted on probation at the discretion of the faculty.
- Applicants must submit scores from the General tests of the Graduate Record Examination. Students may be admitted to study for the M.A. degree alone.
International1235 USD/moduleTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1235 USD per module and a duration of .
National1235 USD/moduleTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1235 USD per module and a duration of .
Whether you are a prospective student or parent just learning about TU or a current student looking for answers to your financing questions, we are happy you have found us. Our programs provide support to students and families from a wide variety of socioeconomic backgrounds. As a staff, we are committed to providing personalized service to families as they work through the financing of a TU education. So please read our website. But more important, if you have questions about how to pay for a TU education, don’t hesitate to pick up the phone and call us (918-631-2526), or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. When sending an email, please include your student identification number. We are here to help. Paying for college involves a partnership between our students, their families, and the college. We look carefully at the unique financial circumstances of every family, and offer every student the best package of support we can. While each family differs in its resources, its priorities and its attitudes toward money, TU follows policies and practices to treat families equitably in the process.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.