Students who complete a Ph.D. in Physics will be prepared for creative leadership roles in research and education.
The graduate program in Engineering Physics at University of Tulsa requires a combination of advanced study in physics and original research mentored by a graduate faculty member. Students in both programs work alongside their peers and some of the country’s top physics and engineering physics faculty here at TU to further develop their technical abilities and research skills in preparation for a doctoral degree or successful careers as physicists or engineers. Students prepare for careers as professional physicists and productive members of the scientific community. The skills developed through intensive graduate work in physics – quantitative reasoning, advanced computational methods, data analysis, experimental design, and many others – are also applicable to many other fields.
Areas of specialization will follow the research interests of the faculty and include Astrophysics and General Relativity, Experimental and Theoretical Condensed Matter Physics, Optics, Photonics and Nanoscience.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Classical Mechanics
- Advanced Quantum Mechanics
- Electromagnetic Theory
- Statistical Mechanics
- Fundamentals of Engineering and Management
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
International students are advised to allow at least two to three months to complete the entire procedure.
DisciplinesPhysics General Engineering & Technology View 1461 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A completed Graduate School application
- Statement of Purpose (admission essay).Standard Prompt (500-750 words): 1) Describe your research interests and professional goals. 2) How is TU’s graduate program best suited to help you accomplish these goals? Be specific about how your specialized interests align with TU’s available specialties.
- Certain programs have customized prompts that are detailed in the Special Application Requirements below.
- 2 – 3 letters of recommendation from individuals who can comment on your academic potential.
- Most programs require a minimum of two letters with a third being optional, but strongly encouraged. Number of letters will be assigned following submission of online application form.
- Transcripts from all universities attended
- GRE General Test results
- $60 application fee
International39300 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1310 USD per credit during 12 months.
National39300 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1310 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Oklahoma City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.