The next generation of health care leaders will require a comprehensive understanding of society’s many facets and how they each relate to public health issues. They will also need to have sophisticated leadership skills in order to serve an ever more complex society, and to manage cross-cutting, multi-sectoral, top-down and bottom-up comprehensive programs, within and beyond the health services. In an increasingly integrated world marked by growing disparity, public health leaders will also need to be aware of how global and national forces affect health within and between national borders.
The Public Health programme at University of Haifa nurtures the required high levels of sophistication, excellent leadership and communication skills, and a deep knowledge of public and global health in order to prepare future practitioners and researchers for leadership roles in settings across the globe. The one-year program is taught in English over three consecutive semesters, from October through September.
What you will study
The curriculum is made up of a variety of courses that cover all facets of the field of Public Health including core courses in introducing the field, epidemiology, biostatistics and research methods. A full range of elective courses can be viewed here. The course also includes a capstone project and a structured and supervised professional practicum.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Theories and Models of Health Behavior
- Environmental & Occupational Health
- Epidemiology & Analysis of Epidemiological Data
- Biostatistics & SAS
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesManagement Studies Public Health Health Administration View 4 other Masters in Management Studies in Israel
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Haifa and/or in Israel, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Bachelor degree and a minimum GPA of 3.0, 80% or the equivalent from an accredited university
- Copy of diploma(s) and official certified paper transcript(s)
- Candidates who have not graduated from an academic institution where the language of instruction is English, or who are not native English speakers, must submit ONE of the following to prove a high level of English proficiency:
- General GRE scores taken within the last five years
- Official TOEFL or other official English proficiency exam scores (ie. IELTS)*
- At least two letters of recommendation from either academic (i.e. a professor) or professional (i.e. a supervisor) sources. We do not accept personal references.
- Copy of valid passport & six passport-sized photos
- Personal Statement: Your statement should be a concise, well-written essay about your educational background and reasons for pursuing a graduate degree in public health.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International10600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10600 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Haifa
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
- University of Haifa Need-Based Scholarship
- Fulbright MA Degree Fellowships
- U.S. Federal Aid - Master's Programs Applicants
- MASA Israel Scholarship Program
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.