The new Health Systems Administration and Global Health Leadership program represents a fine educational investment in the future: developing leaders in the U.S., Israel, and internationally to address the ever more complex public health challenges in a globalizing world.
The Global Health Leadership and Administration program nurtures high levels of sophistication, excellent communication skills, and a deep knowledge of public health and global health. The program seeks to prepare future practitioners and researchers for leadership roles in settings across the globe.
Due to its special history and location, Israel is a unique place to study multicultural issues in public health leadership. As a complex and diverse society and with its modern health care system, its focus on high technology, globalization, and its location – “between East and West” – Israel is a unique environment for a program of this nature. Israel also provides excellent field study opportunities that allow students to see how diverse and intriguing methods and strategies to manage public health issues actually take root.
In an increasingly integrated world marked by growing disparity, public health leaders will need to be aware of how global and national forces affect health within and between national borders. The University of Haifa , in partnership with other universities around the world, is proud to lead this organizing effort. Students enrolled in this unique and exciting program will meet in Israel, learn together, develop lifelong relationships with colleagues from around the world, and then promote best practices in health care.
As students in the MPH program, you will be able to integrate this training with your prior academic and professional experience. Whether you have a background in medicine, international affairs, biology, nursing, social science, or another field, we welcome you as potential MPH candidates in our program. All of our students will graduate with the breadth and depth of knowledge that are essential to a successful and meaningful career in public health. We invite you to learn more about what the Global Health Leadership & Administration program has to offer.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Introduction to Global Public Health (including Social Determinants of Health)
- Theories and Models of Health Behavior
- Environmental & Occupational Health
- Epidemiology & Analysis of Epidemiological Data
- Biostatistics & SAS
- Introduction to Public Health Policy, Administration & The Israeli Health System
- Developing Community Health promotion Projects
- Research Methods
- Global Health Systems
- Health Economics
- Organization & Management
- Leadership & Management
- Finance & Accounting
- Leadership Seminar Series
- Global Strategies in Maternal & Child Health
- Human Rights & Public Health- Syllabus
- Managing Health Communication Initiatives
- Public Health Perspective on Sexual & Reproductive Health
- Sociology of Health & Illness
- Management in International Organizations
- Psychological and Behavioral Factors in Global Health
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
Applications are processed on a rolling admissions basis. To secure a spot in the program, we encourage students to apply as early as possible.
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Public Health Health Management View 5 other Masters in Public Health in Israel
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Copy of diplomas from all undergraduate institutions where you earned a degree. Must be translated to English alongside the original language.
- Official certified, translated transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate institutions where you earned a degree.
- Proven competence in English.
- General GRE scores taken within the last five years
- Official TOEFL scores or other official English proficiency exam scores (e.g. IELTS)
- Israeli applicants may submit scores from the official University-administered English exam.
- At least two letters of recommendation from either academic or professional sources
- Personal Statement
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International9910 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9910 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Haifa
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Some of the MA programs have a limited number of scholarships available for students based on financial need. Students who are in financial need are encouraged to submit an application.
In addition to the University of Haifa need-based scholarship you can also submit applications to all other scholarship opportunities for which you are eligible (MASA, local Jewish Federation, etc.).
Find out more by visiting the University website!
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.