This is a postgraduate level qualification for medical, biomedical, allied health professionals and those in holistic practice with an interest in human anatomy. The programme draws upon the highly regarded teaching and research staff within the University.
This Anatomical Sciences (Online Learning) programme at The University of Edinburgh is delivered entirely online and consequently relies on the use of IT, for example through the use of email, audio visual material, discussion forums and various other interactive resources. All of our courses use innovative teaching methods to provide students with key transferable skills in addition to a solid foundation of anatomical knowledge.
Our online learning system lets you work entirely from your own home location. This will enhance your learning experience and working knowledge while rewarding you with a highly regarded qualification.
This programme has been designed not only to help you gain a highly regarded qualification, but also to provide you with a set of major transferable skills, which will be relevant to your current career, further study or simply increase your long-term career prospects.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
PG Certificate (1 year part-time, 2-years intermittent study)
- Fundamental Human Anatomy 1 - including the upper and lower limbs, back and pelvis
- Fundamental Human Anatomy 2 - including thorax, abdomen, head and neck
- Embryology - human development
- Neuroanatomy - nervous system
PG Diploma (2 years part-time, 4 years intermittent study)
In addition to completing all the Certificate courses in Year 1, you will extend your anatomical knowledge with courses in:
- Advanced Human Anatomy 1 - more detailed study of anatomy previously examined incorporating anatomical principles
- Advanced Human Anatomy 2
- Histology - microscopic anatomy
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
The PgProfDev offers several intakes. We encourage you to apply at least one month prior to entry so that we have enough time to process your application.
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Health Sciences View 463 other Masters in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A UK 2:1 honours degree, or its international equivalent, in a medical, biomedical, or relevant bioscience topic.
- We may also consider your application if you are in a profession allied to medicine or have relevant work experience; please contact the programme team to check before you apply. You may be admitted to the Professional Development Programme in the first instance with a view to joining the Postgraduate Certificate after satisfactory performance.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International5735 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5735 GBP per year during 24 months.
National5735 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5735 GBP per year during 24 months.
- PgDip, PgCert, PgProfDev: 10 credits £960; 20 credits £1,915
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.