While other schools offer Bioinformatics as a concentration within a Biology program, WPI’s BCB department draws equally from three disciplines—Biology, Computer Science, and Mathematics. In the Bioinformatics and Computational Biology program of Worcester Polytechnic Institute, you will become versed in each and specialize in one, working alongside expert researchers to translate staggering volumes of biological data into new knowledge and uncover meaningful ways to improve health care and the environment.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Through our well-rounded curriculum, you will be expected to develop a base of knowledge In Biology, Computer Science, and Mathematics, but how you do so is up to you—choose courses from virology to environmental challenges; design of software systems to artificial intelligence; and Bayesian statistics to regression analysis.
- You can also take unique interdisciplinary courses in topics including biovisualization, biomedical database mining, simulation in biology, and statistical methods in genetics and bioinformatics.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesBiology Bioinformatics Genetics View 1138 other Masters in Biology in United States
- Transcripts for all post-secondary colleges or universities
- Application fee of $70
- Three letters of recommendation from individuals who can comment on your qualifications for pursuing graduate study are required
- GRE: Required for all applicants; waived for WPI students and alumni. There are no minimum GRE scores, but the average for admitted students is typically 150 verbal, 165 quantitative, and 3.0 analytical
- Statement of purpose
- TOEFL / IELTS scores
International28980 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28980 USD per year during 12 months.
National28980 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28980 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Worcester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.