The courses of the Materials Process Engineering program of Worcester Polytechnic Institute are offered online and on campus, full-time and part-time, so you can fit the courses around your professional schedule. Three primary programs include Manufacturing Engineering, Materials Science & Engineering, and Management/Industrial Engineering, along with electives.
Our students design uses for new processes in traditional fields, like automotive technology, and in emerging markets, such as medical products. Your work will cover the areas most essential to materials processing engineering, including manufacturing systems and process design, analysis and control materials processing, and processing/structure/property relations in materials.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Materials process engineering professionals require knowledge in both materials science and manufacturing engineering principles, so WPI’s curriculum offers the foundation of theory and hands-on projects you need to propel your career forward.
- You’ll take courses in three programs—Manufacturing Engineering, Materials Science & Engineering, and Management/Industrial Engineering—with courses ranging from Advanced Thermodynamics to Design for Manufacturability to Corrosion and Corrosion Control to Entrepreneurship. Your studies will culminate with a project that could include a business plan, a research proposal, or a new product.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering View 296 other Masters in Materials Science & Engineering in United States
- Transcripts for all post-secondary colleges or universities
- Application fee of $70
- Three letters of recommendation from individuals who can comment on your qualifications for pursuing graduate study are required
- GRE: Required for international applicants; recommended for all others. There are no minimum GRE scores, but the average for admitted students is typically 150 verbal, 165 quantitative, and 3.0 analytical
- TOEFL / IELTS scores
International28980 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28980 USD per year during 12 months.
National28980 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28980 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Worcester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.