The Financial Mathematics program of Worcester Polytechnic Institute offers unique courses that bridge strong theoretical mathematical knowledge with practical, real-world projects, enabling you to gain industry-level experience in the classroom.
Our master’s in financial mathematics also provides the opportunity to learn from and work alongside internationally renowned faculty members who are spurring advances in topics including portfolio optimization, liquidity, credit and systemic risk, and numerical methods of stochastic and partial differential equations.
- Through core financial mathematics masters courses, you’ll build a strong foundation in concepts and processes involved in arbitrage-based pricing of derivative securities and fixed income securities, based on a sound understanding of measure-theoretic probability theory and stochastic processes. You’ll also take advanced courses that give you in-depth knowledge and hands-on practice in computational methods in finance, portfolio management, and market and credit risk modeling.
- You will complement your financial mathematics masters studies with courses in financial management, information technology, or computer science, as well as a professional skills development seminar and capstone experience involving a project, practicum, or advanced course.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesFinancial Mathematics Actuarial Science View 181 other Masters in Financial Mathematics in United States
- Transcripts for all post-secondary colleges or universities
- Application fee of $70
- Three letters of recommendation from individuals who can comment on your qualifications for pursuing graduate study are required
- GRE: Subject test in math is strongly recommended. There are no minimum GRE scores, but the average for admitted students is typically 150 verbal, 165 quantitative, and 3.0 analytical
- TOEFL / IELTS scores
International28980 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28980 USD per year during 12 months.
National28980 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28980 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Worcester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.