International Dispute Resolution (Mediation) programme offered at Queen Mary University of London has a strong focus on mediation and conciliation. The course will introduce you to the process of mediation and its role in the resolution of disputes. The diploma not only provides an understanding of the theoretical, practical and ethical problems relating to international mediation, but can also provide a stepping stone for professionals to become involved in international alternative dispute resolution (ADR). Traditional online modules are supplemented by a residential weekend that concentrates on practical negotiation and mediation exercises.
This programme will:
- Give you a thorough grounding on all major issues arising in day-to-day international mediation practice.
- Promote academic research of the highest standard on selected topics of interest.
- Allow flexibility to enable you to plan and balance your study and work commitments.
- lternative Dispute Resolution
- International and Comparative Commercial Arbitration
- International Construction – Contracts and Arbitration
- International Trade and Investment Dispute Settlement
- International Commercial Litigation
- International Commercial Law
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Deadline passed, EEA/EU
DisciplinesInternational Relations Terrorism & Security View 21 other Masters in Terrorism & Security in United Kingdom
The usual qualification for entry to the Postgraduate Diploma in International Dispute Resolution (Mediation) is a degree in law, or a degree with a substantial law content, of at least 2.1 honours (or equivalent). Law graduates with 2.2 honours who also have other legal qualifications and/or substantial professional legal experience may also qualify.
International8150 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8150 GBP per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA8100 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8100 GBP per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!