In this Clinical Applications of Psychology programme offered by University of Hull you will strengthen your research skills and learn what is required to practise professionally, although the programme does not in itself confer a licence to practise.
Students gain an understanding of the backdrop of current thinking on the nature of mental health, its psychological and neurological causation, and the best evidence-based interventions. You will learn how to apply this knowledge to treat a variety of mental health problems.
The teaching staff bring a depth of experience to this course which our students have always valued. The programme is enriched by our close working relationships with the Hull Clinical Psychology Training Programme, and with local health and social care services.
This course has been designed around the core competencies of clinical psychologists to enhance students’ progress towards becoming mental health practitioners. Students are introduced to core competencies and go on to a wide variety of relevant careers.
Our graduates have gone on to work as clinical psychologists in training, counselling psychologists in training, psychology wellbeing practitioners, assistant psychologists, research assistants, counsellors in primary care, and public health practitioners. Others have gone on to PhD study.
Many of our graduates choose to stay in the region and help to redress the relative lack of psychological input and services here, and tackle local issues of deprivation and inequality. Others have similar roles across the UK and indeed across the globe.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research Methods for Psychology
- Mental Health in Practice
- Professional Practice and Communication Skills?
- Theories of Mental Health
- Psychological Interventions
- Empirical dissertation
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPsychology Cognitive Sciences Clinical Psychology View 195 other Masters in Cognitive Sciences in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- You should have, or expect to obtain, a 2:2 Honours degree (or international equivalent) in psychology or a closely allied discipline. You should also have a minimum of 30 hours of paid or voluntary work experience relevant to the content of the programme.
- Applicants hoping to use the degree to support a future application to Clinical Psychology Training should note that such training courses generally require a 2:1 Honours British Psychological Society accredited degree and this MSc degree will not necessarily compensate for that requirement.
- This course requires academic IELTS 6.5 overall, with no less than 5.5 in each skill.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International11000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11000 GBP per year during 12 months.
National11000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11000 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Hull
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.