With more threats and a well-documented shortage of experts, cyber security continues to be a major issue for both big and small companies. The ever-present and ever-evolving threat from hackers has placed further importance on having a highly skilled workforce with projected demand expected to reach 6 million by 2019. However, demand is far outstripping supply with 75% of UK IT chiefs claiming that the cyber security talent shortage is making them an easier target for hackers (CSIS). The result is that Cyber Security is fast becoming the UK’s most sought after IT skills with nearly one sixth (15%) of cyber security professionals being paid at least £100,000 a year, according to global professional services consultancy Procorre.
There has never been a better time to give your career an edge and increase your earning potential by studying a part-time MSc in Cyber Security from Northumbria University London, in partnership with QA Higher Education.
Over 15 weekend sessions spread over the two year programme you will learn how to handle security incidents, identify threats and determine methods to minimise them. Designed to allow you to fit your studies around your working life, this programme will also give you the opportunity to apply your knowledge immediately to your workplace.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Information Security and Governance
- Network Security
- Wireless Networks
- Information Assurance and Risk Management
- Ethical Hacking for Cyber Security
- Research and Project Management
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
- Deadline passed
- Apply before
DisciplinesIT Security Cyber Security View 139 other Masters in IT Security in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
General requirementsEntry requirements
Standard entry requirements
- Minimum 2:2 or above from a recognised university in a relevant field (IT/Computer Science/related field) or
- Professional qualifications that are equivalent to a honours degree
Non-standard entry requirements
- 3 years’ demonstrable IT or cyber security experience
- Fully completed application form
- Personal email address must be included on the application form
- Transcripts and/or certificates (including a certified translation if not in English)
- Proof of financial sponsorship if applicable
- Confirmation of immigration history including copies of previous and current visas if applicable
- A copy of your CV would be desirable
International4975 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9950 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA4975 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9950 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.