The profile of the programme in Management of Forest Resources offered by the Polytechnic Institute of Bragança comprises the development of the technical-scientific knowledge and professional specialized skills in the study areas of Management of Forest Resources: Silviculture and Wildlife Management, Environmental Sciences. Management of Forest Resources: Silviculture and Wildlife Management, Environmental Sciences.
Following the implementation of the Bologna Process and the consequent legislation regarding the mobility of students among degrees and higher education institutions, prior learning must be recognized and credited.
The prior learning concept comprises all the previous learning/training undertaken in other higher education study cycles in national or international institutions (crediting of certified training), as well as previous professional experience and any post-secondary school training or education. As such, the IPB promotes the crediting of the student’s prior learning when arriving at the institution.
Key learning outcomes
The degree of "mestre" (master) in Management of Forest Resources, is awarded to those students that demonstrate, in this field, the ability to:
- develop and enhance the knowledge obtained in the first cycle, in order to develop and apply that knowledge to original situations often in the context of research;
- apply their knowledge and understanding and problem solving capacities to new and unfamiliar situations in wide multidisciplinary situations, although related to their area of studies;
- integrate knowledge, deal with complex matters, develop solutions or put forward opinions on situations of limited or incomplete information, including reflecting upon the implications and ethical and social responsibilities that result from both those solutions and opinions or indeed that condition them;
- communicate their conclusions and the knowledge and reasoning that underly them, both to experts and non-experts, clearly and unambiguously;
- develop competences that will enable them to benefit from self-oriented or autonomous lifelong learning.
- Game Biology
- Experimental design and Multivariate Analysis
- Genetics and Forest Improvement
- Plant Ecology and Management
- Forest soils
- Urban Forestry
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- The holders of the licenciado degree or legal equivalent, the holders of a foreign academic degree and the holders of a relevant academic, scientific or professional curriculum vitae may apply to the 2nd cycle of studies, as stated in the description of the Portuguese Higher Education System, provided by NARIC and presented in section 8 of the Diploma Supplement.
International1198 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1198 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA1198 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1198 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Bragança
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.