The Interaction Design program from University of Queensland for graduates from other fields, to allow you to learn the essential skills to work in the interaction design industry. This program can be taken in 2 years.
You will have a degree in a field other than Interaction Design/User Experience Design/Multimedia Design, and you will take two years of study to develop technical skills in-depth.
Your future is in industry, as an interaction designer. You will undertake foundational studies to allow you to achieve a transition to become an interaction designer.
Meet the challenges of tomorrow
Interaction with electronic devices is a major part of our daily lives. From early childhood onwards we are connected to the internet, telecommunications and networks of computer-based technologies.
The emerging challenges in this radically evolving field are not so much with the nature of new technologies, but with their design. How should these technologies be experienced in our lives? How can they support and enhance our everyday practices? What should they help us become? These programs train students to address these issues through the design of new interactive technologies.
- Interaction design professionals work in multidisciplinary teams to address open-ended, real-life design projects. Your program simulates this environment through studio-based and project courses.
- Students from the course Physical Computing and Interaction Design Studio get to demonstrate their work to peers and industry at our annual student design exhibition.
- Benefit from a program that offers a flexible study plan. Choose from a large number of elective courses and tailor your studies to suit your interests, your industry, or your career goals.
Career possibilitiesPostgraduate study can take you anywhere. Here are some of the careers you could be on your way to:
- User experience designer
- Multimedia designer
- Interaction designer
The Master of Interaction Design is accredited by:
- Australian Computer Society
- Social & Mobile Computing
- Design Thinking
- Design Computing Studio 1 - Interactive Technology
- Digital Prototyping
- Human-Computer Interaction
- Physical Computing & Interaction Design Studio
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesDesign Electronics & Embedded Technology View 91 other Masters in Design in Australia
CRICOS code: 080726K
- Degree equivalent to an Australian bachelor degree in a field other than Interaction Design/User Experience Design/Multimedia Design with a GPA of at least 5.0 on a 7 point scale.
International46112 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 46112 AUD per year during 24 months.
National27060 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27060 AUD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Brisbane
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.