About the program
Engineering, Science, and Technology Entrepreneurship Excellence Program (ESTEEM) at the University of Notre Dame emphasizes the action of entrepreneurship, not just the study of it. By the time they graduate, due to the rigorous academic experience, exposure to real-life business ventures, and exceptional mentorship, ESTEEM students find their technical skills impactful and marketable in a rapidly changing economy. Students are launched into career tracks outside of narrow technical roles, taking positions of leadership at the intersection of business and innovation.
Students are immersed in an entrepreneurial sandbox, where they get their hands dirty with entrepreneurship and innovation through a cutting-edge curriculum, a capstone commercialization project for an emerging technology, and outstanding out-of-the-classroom experiences.
The curriculum is divided into three parts, which take place over the course of three semesters (Summer, Fall, Spring):
- Business Courses: These are the courses that the class takes together as a cohort, covering entrepreneurship business fundamentals and totaling around 19.5 credit hours.
- Technical Electives: Each student is required to take 6 credit hours that build on their technical background, often times directly related to their capstone project. These classes are selected from the College of Engineering and the College of Science, and serve as a way for students to continue to build their technical skills.
- Capstone project: The capstone project is also a formal part of their curriculum, making up 8 credit hours of the program.
- 11 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- ESTEEM uses a rolling admissions process
DisciplinesEntrepreneurship General Engineering & Technology View 169 other Masters in Entrepreneurship in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited American university or foreign institution of acceptable standing by the time of graduate matriculation
- Background in science, engineering, research, or technology—such as computer science, electrical engineering, industrial design, biology, economics, data analytics, chemistry, biochemistry, physics, etc.
- Unofficial transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate institutions
- Entrepreneurial mindset material—upload under "Essay Short Answer"; see application for prompt
- Statement of Intent—upload under "Essay Short Answer"; see application for prompt
- Three (3) recommendations
- Resume or CV—upload under "Uploads"
International58190 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 58190 USD for the full programme during 11 months.
National58190 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 58190 USD for the full programme during 11 months.
Living costs for South Bend
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.