About the Program
The Materials Science and Engineering program at Rutgers University has particular strengths in the areas of materials characterization and materials synthesis with the materials being applied to many important technological areas. These include nanotechnology, energy storage, biomedical diagnostics and therapeutics, plasmonics, glass and structural ceramics, polymer recycling and sustainable materials.
Materials research is interdisciplinary by its nature and this is reflected in our graduate faculty that span many departments and schools at Rutgers. We have well equipped laboratories with specialized instruments for materials characterization and synthesis. These laboratories are spread across several buildings, some of which were constructed specifically to house the department and its instrumentation.
- Mechanical Behavior of Materials
- Thermodynamics of Materials Systems
- Theory of Solid-State Materials
- Kinetics of Materials Systems
- Advanced Powder Processing
- Structural Defects in Solids
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before , National
- Apply before
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction Materials Science & Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 445 other Masters in Civil Engineering & Construction in United States
- All applicants should have a B.S. degree from an accredited college with at least a 3.0 undergraduate GPA (preferably >3.2). Successful applicants will have high scores on the GRE test (especially the quantitative score), and two or more letters of recommendation are required.
- The personal statement is extremely important in the selection of applicants, because it is a chance for the applicant to describe his or her goals. For research degrees in enables us to see if there is a good match in his or her interest with available funded projects.
International15456 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15456 USD per year during 12 months.
National15456 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15456 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State9090 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9090 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for New Brunswick
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.