he M.Ed. in Counselor Education degree prepares you to become a counselor in both public and private schools with the support of a diverse and accomplished faculty.
This Counselor Education from University of Virginia program teaches you how to become a leader, an advocate, a collaborator and a change agent – with an emphasis on promoting equity, access, and justice as a K-12 school counselor. With teamwork built into the curriculum you will get the opportunity to collaborate with your classmates in a supportive and close-knit environment. Plus, student diversity in Charlottesville and the surrounding school systems grants excellent internship learning opportunities in both urban, suburban, and rural settings.
Upon graduation, our students are competent in promoting the academic, social-emotional, and career development of students through comprehensive school counseling programs in K-12 schools. The implementation of such comprehensive programs are data-informed and student- driven, and focus heavily on addressing individual and systemic barriers to personal development and educational achievement while advocating for equity, access, and justice in K-12 schools.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Intro to the Counseling Profession
- Theories & Techniques of Counseling
- Essential Counseling Skills Lab
- Introduction to School Counseling
- Lifespan Development
- Career Interventions
- Group Counseling Procedures
- Multicultural Counseling
- Practicum in School Counseling
- Counseling Children & Adolescents
- Individual/Triadic Supervision
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Public Health Counselling View 887 other Masters in Public Health in United States
- Hold a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college by date of entry.
- Have a B average or better for the last two years of undergraduate study.
- Submit an application for admission (including a $75 non-refundable application fee) and unofficial transcripts of all previous undergraduate and graduate work. Once admitted, official transcripts will be required.
- GRE test scores are not required.
- Submit at least two letters of recommendation from professionals who can attest to the potential of the applicant to succeed as a graduate student and professional counselor.
- Submit a written statement of professional goals and reasons for seeking admission to the masters program in school counseling.
- Submit a current resume.
- A writing sample is not required.
International27000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 27000 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National27000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 27000 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
In-State16920 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 16920 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.