Become an equity-oriented leader equipped to create high-quality educational opportunities for ALL students. Develop the professional capacity of your staff and facilitate continuous improvement throughout your organization.
The Administration and Supervision program from University of Virginia will prepare you to promote systemic equity in your school using evidence-based leadership practices to craft school goals, lead the instructional program, develop faculty and staff, and redesign organizational features.
One of the most cost-effective in Virginia, our innovative program for the initial preparation of school leaders combines highly interactive online courses and in-person classes with field-based activities and an administrative internship – each accompanied by opportunities for reflection and dialogue.
The program takes a developmental approach to adult learning. Graduate students progress through developmental stages in their own professional growth and then learn how to cultivate excellence and leadership in adult learners on their school staff. Upon completion of the program, graduates are equipped with the tools of improvement science to lead change across their school, ensuring that every learner has the support and resources they need.
- Family and Community Engagement
- Leadership for Continuous Improvement
- Leadership for Teaching and Learning
- Legal & Educational Policy Context
- Strategic Alignment of Planning and Resources
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesManagement Studies Public Administration View 1883 other Masters in Management Studies in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Virginia and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university;
- B average GPA or better for the last two years of undergraduate study;
- Online application for admission and transcripts of all previous undergraduate and graduate work;
- GRE scores no more than 5 years old (or the GRE alternative approach described below*);
- Three years of teaching experience;
- A Virginia Professional License (if you wish to be recommended for endorsement in Administration and Supervision);
- Two letters of recommendation from professionals who can attest to the your promise as a graduate student and a professional educator, preferably one from a course instructor and one from a supervisor;
- Current résumé; and
- Statement of professional goals (typically 1 to 2 pages).
International27000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27000 USD per year during 24 months.
National27000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27000 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State16920 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16920 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Charlottesville
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.