About the Program
At the Nursing Informatics program of Rutgers University, we prepare our graduates to use technology to provide care, create effective administrative systems, manage and deliver educational experiences, support life-long learning, and impact nursing research.
The work you engage in throughout the program will support key stakeholders including, but not limited to, nurses, patients, and interprofessional health care teams in their decision-making across roles and settings using information structures, processes, and technology to achieve desired outcomes.
- Clinical Inquiry for Evidence-Based Practice
- Information Technology for Evidence-Based Practice
- Concepts of Nursing Informatics
- Information Systems Principles
- Nursing Databases Design, Development & Applications
- Nursing Systems Developmental Lifecycle
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- While the recommended application deadline is April 15th, we will continue to accept applications up until July 1st
DisciplinesPublic Health Informatics & Information Technology Nursing View 623 other Masters in Informatics & Information Technology in United States
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing from a nationally accredited program
- GPA of 3.2 or higher on a 4.0 scale
- Current RN license in NJ
- Completed online application including personal statement, resume, and proof of RN licensure
- Official transcript of all prior college work
- Two scholarly papers in which you’re the main author, like a published article, book chapter, or paper completed for school (if you don’t have one, you may write a scholarly paper on a topic of your choice — double-spaced and 6- to 10-pages long with APA-formatted references)
- Two letters of reference from professionals, one of whom must be a nurse academician
- Paid application fee
International26048 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1408 USD per credit during 24 months.
National26048 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1408 USD per credit during 24 months.
In-State17963 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 971 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for New Brunswick
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.