At Rutgers School of Nursing, we prepare you to use technology to provide care, create effective administrative systems, manage and deliver educational experiences, support life-long learning, and impact nursing research. The Nursing Informatics program is offered at Rutgers University.
Your work will support key people like nurses, patients, and interprofessional health care teams in their decision-making across roles and settings, using information structures, processes, and technology to achieve desired outcomes.
- Concepts of Nursing Informatics
- Information Systems Principles
- Nursing Databases Design, Development & Applications
- Nursing Systems Developmental Lifecycle
- Consumers Healthcare Informatics
- Informatics Project and Change Management
- Nursing Informatics Practicum
- Advanced Practice in Nursing Informatics
- Health Care Budgetary and Financial Management
- Seminar on Issues in Nursing Informatics
- 12 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Sciences Nursing View 448 other Masters in Informatics & Information Sciences in United States
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing from a nationally accredited program
- GPA of 3.2 or higher on a 4.0 scale
- Current RN license in NJ
- Completed online application including personal statement, resume, and proof of RN licensure
- Official transcript of all prior college work
- Two scholarly papers in which you’re the main author, like a published article, book chapter, or paper completed for school (if you don’t have one, you may write a scholarly paper on a topic of your choice — double-spaced and 6- to 10-pages long with APA-formatted references)
- Two letters of reference from professionals, one of whom must be a nurse academician
- Paid application fee
International1315 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1315 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National1315 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1315 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
In-State907 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 907 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.