Current entry-level managers may have limited experience in the biological sciences or may have Master of Public Health (MPH) or medical degrees. Positions that would find such a dual degree of benefit include:
- Department or Group Manager at biotechnical/pharmaceutical company
- Director of Operations, Marketing Manager, Product Manager, Field Manager or Sales Representative at biotechnical/pharmaceutical company
- Director of Materials Management at biotechnical/pharmaceutical company or at an Integrated Healthcare Network
- Manager in a Public Policy Department at a state or federal government agency
Applicants will need to apply to both programs separately. Both schools must issue an acceptance for the student to enroll in the dual degree program. The Biomedical Sciences program is offered at Rutgers University.
The Rutgers name is recognized everywhere, and a Rutgers degree makes a great first impression. We’ve built our academic reputation on solid accomplishments:
- Rutgers is a member—so are Harvard, Yale, and Berkeley—of the prestigious Association of American Universities, the 61 leading research universities in North America.
- More than 175 Rutgers research centers support pioneering work in stem cells, climate change, DNA analysis, and more.
- Rutgers’ international reputation draws top students from more than 130 countries and all 50 states.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Accounting for Managers
- Business, Ethics, and Society
- Career Management Program
- Financial Management
- Managerial Economic Analysis
- Marketing Management
- Operations Analysis
- Organizational Behavior
- Fundamentals in Biomedical Science I & II
- Pharmacology and Drug Marketing
- The Business of Science: Drug Development
- Fundamentals of Pharmacology
- Principles of Clinical & Translational Research in Oncology
The program is directed towards individuals with a science background. It trains students in both management and biomedical principles.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesNatural Sciences Health Sciences Bioinformatics View 1559 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants will need to apply to both programs separately. Both schools must issue an Admission into the dual MS/MBA program requires a score on the Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) or Graduate Record Examination (GRE).
- It is preferable that the GMAT or GRE score falls among the top third percentile and a superior undergraduate grade point average (GPA) is preferred. Management experience is encouraged.
- Strong performance in one area can offset weak performance in another. The Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences requires that applicants have a basic background in biology and chemistry.
International30144 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15072 USD per semester during 24 months.
National30144 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15072 USD per semester during 24 months.
In-State24360 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12180 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Camden
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.