The University of Alberta MBA in International Business MBA in International Business is designed to address managerial issues that are relevant to doing business across national boundaries, while incorporating the necessary basics of business. Students begin by building a solid foundation in the first year of the MBA program, taking the same core courses as all other MBA students. In year two, International Business students would then be able to focus their studies on global business topics. Some of the topics covered include:
- The impact of globalization
- International differences in cultures, language, etc.
- How to enter foreign markets
- Competing with foreign companies entering domestic markets
- Importing & exporting
- Foreign direct investment
- Exchange rates
- Corporate finance for the multinational corporation
- Marketing across countries
- International trade agreements - WTO, NAFTA, etc.
- Regional focus on Latin America, Asia, Europe
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- International Business (Required)
- Global Business Environment (Required)
- International Business Law
- International Study Tour
- Strategic Supply Chain Management
- MBA International Study Tour
- International Finance
- International Marketing
- Measuring and Assessing National Economies
- Managing the Workforce - International Perspectives
- Managing International Enterprises
- International Family Enterprise
- International Family Business Study Tour
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
International students - April 15
DisciplinesBusiness Administration International Business Master in Business Administration (MBA) View 67 other Masters in Master in Business Administration (MBA) in Canada
In assessing a candidate's academic and professional qualifications, the following criteria are used:
- Recognized undergraduate degree with GPA of at least 3.0 (see international GPA equivalents)
- Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) score
- English Language Proficiency for Non-native English speakers (see exemptions)
- Professional work experience
- Statement of Intent letter
- Two letters of reference
- Admissions interviews
International7680 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7680 CAD per year during 24 months.
National3759 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3759 CAD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Edmonton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.