The Innovation and Entrepreneurship program at the University of Alberta, supported by the Technology Commercialization Centre (TCC) , provides a valuable tool to jump to the forefront of new venture creation and innovation management.
Focusing on all levels of innovation management, from idea generation, through feasibility studies, and finally to market launch, the Innovation & Entrepreneurship Specialization develops knowledge and skills in the important areas of:
- Identifying opportunities
- Facilitating innovation and development
- Managing intellectual property
- Building new organizations and markets
During the first-year of MBA studies, Innovation & Entrepreneurship students complete the same core courses as all other MBA students. Students are able to take Innovation & Entrepreneurship electives during the first-year of the program.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- New Venture Creation (Required)
- Strategic Management of Innovation & Entrepreneurship (Required)
- Intellectual Property Law & Commercialization
- Venture Capital
- Marketing Research
- From Science to Business - Translational and Entrepreneurial Challenges
- Innovation & Sustainability - The Cleantech Revolution
- Managing Innovation
- Advising Family Business
- Managing Family Enterprise
- International Family Enterprise
- High Technology Business Development
- Design Thinking and Innovation
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEntrepreneurship Innovation Management Master in Business Administration (MBA) View 68 other Masters in Master in Business Administration (MBA) in Canada
In assessing a candidate's academic and professional qualifications, the following criteria are used:
- Recognized undergraduate degree with GPA of at least 3.0 (see international GPA equivalents)
- Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) score
- English Language Proficiency for Non-native English speakers (see exemptions)
- Professional work experience
- Statement of Intent letter
- Two letters of reference
- Admissions interviews
International10500 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10500 CAD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National5575 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5575 CAD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.