Applicants are admitted into the Finance specialization upon application to the MBA Program. We consider your background, desire to work in the industry, career goals, as well as academic achievement in assessing your application.
As part of the Finance program at the University of Alberta, students have the option of completing a 4-month internship in between the first and second years of the program. With the Finance specialization, students can work in Corporate and Investment Banking, Venture Capital, Private Equity, and corporate finance divisions of public and private companies. Key roles can include:
- investment bankers
- chief financial officers
- venture capitalists
- money and portfolio managers
More informationVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses included:
- Managerial Finance
- Introduction to Financial Valuation
- Introduction to Corporate Finance
- Introduction to Financial Management
- The Practice of Investment Banking
- Trading and Financial Markets
- Securities Markets and Financial Intermediation
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesFinance Master in Business Administration (MBA) View 37 other Masters in Finance in Canada
In assessing a candidate's academic and professional qualifications, the following criteria are used:
- Recognized undergraduate degree with GPA of at least 3.0 (see international GPA equivalents)
- Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) score
- English Language Proficiency for Non-native English speakers (see exemptions)
- Professional work experience
- Statement of Intent letter
- Two letters of reference
- Admissions interviews
The admission committee gives strong consideration to professional experience and early career accomplishments, including potential for career growth and advancement. Applicants will ideally possess at least two years of full-time work experience after completion of an undergraduate degree. Alberta MBA students possess an average of five years of work experience.
International10500 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10500 CAD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National5575 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5575 CAD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.