Biotechnology is a rapidly moving transformative technology that has applications in industries as diverse as healthcare, pharmaceutical development, agriculture, alternative energy, environmental monitoring and restoration, and nanotechnology. In particular, biotechnology is now the predominant technology underpinning the development of new pharmaceuticals and medical diagnostics and treatments. Genomics is the study of whole genomes (the entire genetic complement of an organism) and is focused on the structure and behavior of all the genes in an organism or ecosystem. Genomics is an application of biotechnology that has developed in the last 10 years and places a particular emphasis on understanding how very large numbers of genes interact with each other and with their environment. Genomics has been made possible by new and rapidly evolving developments in structural and analytical methods (e.g., ultra-high throughput DNA sequencing) along with the development of the computational approaches needed to handle large datasets. Genomics is rapidly finding applications in industry (e.g., in developing personalized medicine, finding new drug targets or searching for novel industrial enzymes in exotic microflora).
Students an MBS in Biotechnology and Genomics from Rutgers University may work as industry researchers, bioinformaticians, consultants and biotechnical scientists, as well as in other areas that involve more business skills. MBS Graduates in this concentration have found work with job titles such as, Analyst, Analytical Biochemist, Associate Biotech Scientist, Lab Researcher/Technician, Marketing Associate, Regulatory Affairs Associate, Venture Associate, and many others. The places where graduates work include pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and personal care companies, research labs, and others including, Bristol Myers Squibb, Chromocell Corporation, Celgene Corporation, Colgate-Palmolive, Genewiz Inc., Johnson & Johnson, Merck and Co., Zitter Health Insights,and many others.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Principles of Finance and Accounting
- Marketing Asses. /CMD Marketing
- Principles of Communication & Professional Development for Science & Technology Management
- Ethics for Science & Technology Management
- Colloquium in Professionalism for Science & Technology Management
- Science & Technology Management Capstone
- Molecular Biology and Biochemistry
- Concepts in Biotechnology & Genomics
- NextGen Biotechnology & Genomics
- Nucleotide Sequence Analysis
- Bioinformatics: Tools for Genomic Analysis
- Fundamentals of Intellectual Property
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Deadline passed, International
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesBiotechnology View 166 other Masters in Biotechnology in United States
- A bachelors degree with a science/math/engr major from an accredited university, and a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Official Transcripts (Scanned copies WILL NOT be accepted. Transcripts must be sealed and sent to the graduate admissions office at the time of applying.
- GRE exam (may be waived with 5 yrs U.S work experience)
- We use three factors in determining admission: GRE, GPA(undergrad), and Work Experience. While work experience is not mandatory for admission (except for the engineering management concentration), we do take it under consideration.
- 2 letters of recommendation
- Personal statement.
International1256 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1256 USD per credit and a duration of 18 months.
National1256 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1256 USD per credit and a duration of 18 months.
In-State1015 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1015 USD per credit and a duration of 18 months.
$900/credit for online students (in-state or out-of-state)
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.