This Business and Science in Applied Computing program from Rutgers University is tailored towards students interested in becoming a programmer or learning about programming but do not have a background in computing. This program is also suitable for working professionals that have some kind of scientific training and want to improve their computational skills. (An undergraduate degree in Computer Science is not a requirement to apply to the program.)
The computing and programming employment opportunities are numerous and are expected to increase in the coming years. Students who graduate are qualified to work in the financial industry, engineering industry, IT industry and science industries.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Programming for Computational Scientists
- Introduction to Algorithms for Computational Scientists
- Applied Algorithm Engineering
- Database Systems (Spring)
- Information Retrieval
- Cryptography and Computer Security
- Security in Mobile Computing
- Computer Networks
- Network Coding
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Deadline passed, International
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesBusiness Information Systems Computer Sciences View 785 other Masters in Computer Sciences in United States
- A bachelors degree with a science/math/engr major from an accredited university, and a GPA of 3.0 or higher. See the individual concentration pages for the requirements.
- Official Transcripts (Scanned copies WILL NOT be accepted. Transcripts must be sealed and sent to the graduate admissions office at the time of applying. *All international students MUST have their entire transcripts translated and evaluated by WES (other accredited companies may be used - no exceptions on evaluations.)
- GRE exam
- 2 letters of recommendation
- Personal statement.
International1256 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1256 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National1256 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1256 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
In-State1015 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1015 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.