In the Business and Science Degree in Analytics - Discovery Informatics and Data Sciences program from Rutgers University students will obtain a variety of skills including the ability to analyze large datasets, the ability to develop modeling solutions to support decision making and a thorough understanding of how data analysis drives business decision making. The curriculum integrates science courses in analytics/data science with courses in business and management.
Opportunities in analytics are plentiful in the tri-state area (New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania). This program prepares students for careers in predictive modeling, business intelligence, analytics, data mining in data-driven industries such as marketing, finance, health care, biotechnology and others.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Principles of Communication and Professional Development
- Principles of Accounting and Finance for Science and Technology
- Market Assessment and Analysis for Business and Science - Life Sciences
- Ethics in Science and Technology Management
- Science and Technology Management Capstone
- Fundamentals of Analytics
- Advanced Analytics and Practicum
- Database Design and Management
- Regression Analysis
- Intro to Cloud Computing and Big Data
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, National
- Deadline passed, International
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesBusiness Intelligence & Analytics Data Science & Big Data View 204 other Masters in Data Science & Big Data in United States
- A bachelors degree with a science/math/engr major from an accredited university, and a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Official Transcripts (Scanned copies WILL NOT be accepted. Transcripts must be sealed and sent to the graduate admissions office at the time of applying.
- GRE exam (may be waived with 5 yrs U.S work experience)
- We use three factors in determining admission: GRE, GPA(undergrad), and Work Experience. While work experience is not mandatory for admission (except for the engineering management concentration), we do take it under consideration.
- 2 letters of recommendation
- Personal statement.
International1256 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1256 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National1256 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1256 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
In-State1015 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1015 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.