This Actuarial and Statistical Analysis concentration from Rutgers University will teach students how to provide assessments of financial security systems with a focus on their complexity, their mathematics, and their mechanisms. Students will learn how to evaluate the likelihood of events and quantify contingent outcomes to minimize losses, both emotional and financial, associated with undesirable events. Electives can be taken in risk management, financial computing, quantitative finance and financial mathematics.
Students with an MBS in Actuarial and Statistical Analysis can work as accountants, actuaries for insurance companies, risk managers, as well as financial analysts.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Basic Probability
- Introduction to Methods and Theory of Probability
- Probability and Actuarial Mathematics
- Introduction to Financial Mathematics
- Life Data Analysis
- Actuarial Models
- Regression Analysis
- Statistical Models
- Applied Time Series Analysis
- Forecasting and Time Series Analysis
- Time Series & Forecasting
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, National
- Deadline passed, International
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesMathematics Actuarial Science View 545 other Masters in Mathematics in United States
- A bachelors degree with a science/math/engr major from an accredited university, and a GPA of 3.0 or higher. See the individual concentration pages for the requirements.
- Official Transcripts (Scanned copies WILL NOT be accepted. Transcripts must be sealed and sent to the graduate admissions office at the time of applying. *All international students MUST have their entire transcripts translated and evaluated by WES (other accredited companies may be used - no exceptions on evaluations.)
- GRE exam
- 2 letters of recommendation
- Personal statement.
International1256 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1256 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National1256 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1256 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
In-State1015 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1015 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
$900/credit for online students (in-state or out-of-state)
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.